Principles of Java Language with Applications
Instructor : Charles C.C. Li
Mary Campione, Kathy Walrath, Alison Huml. The Java Tutorial, Third Edition.
You can download the whole book from
- understand the basic syntax of Java programing langauge and learn how to create useful Java programs.
- learn how to use Java's graphical user interface (Swing).
- learn how to create and read Java document
- learn how to use other tools (Netbean or Eclipse) to create Java programs
- prepare for Sun Java Certification
- learn how to obtain/use other Java resources on the web
- Introduction: what is java? How to write, compile and execute a java program.
- Language Basics: variables, operators, flow control.
- Object Oriented Langauge: understand the concept of object oriented langauge, write classes, create
objects, use member functions, package etc etc
- Swing and Applet: how to use Java's graphical user interface.
- Netbean/Eclipse: Use IDE to develop java programs.
- Exception handling: how to handle errors
- I/O: reading and writing
- Java document: how to use java document
- Java Collection or other useful classes